The William J. Cunliffe Scientific Prize
for Researchin Endocrine Dermatology and Skin Pharmacology, especially in the Area of the Pilosebaceous Unit
Selection Criteria | Eligibility | Who May Nominate | Nomination Procedures |
Length of Candidacy | Nomination Deadline | Mail Nominations to
William J. Cunliffe Prize is awarded for innovative and outstanding
research in the areas of Endocrine Dermatology and Skin Pharmacology
conferring great benefit upon understanding the function of the pilosebaceous
unit as well as the pathophysiology and treatment of its diseases.
The award is endowed by a gift from Galderma. The Department of Dermatology,
Charité - Universitäts-
medizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin
administrator of the William J. Cunliffe Prize. The biannual prize
is awarded with Euro 12,500. The prize can be shared by more than one
nominees. Individual recipients will be requested to provide certification
of the investment of the awarded money in research projects.
Prizes are awarded for any one of the following:
- Protocols on research projects targeting the discovery, further development, improvement, or understanding of known or new functions of the pilosebaceous unit as well as of the pathophysiology and treatment of its diseases
- Scientific publications or patent applications on discoveries or achievements with such major implications that they significantly benefit certain aspects of functions, pathophysiology and treatment of the pilosebaceous unit
Living individuals or public or private institutions of any nation, are eligible for nomination.
Who May Nominate
Persons eligible to make nominations include:
- The President of nominee's University or the Dean of his Faculty.
- The CEO of nominee's Institution or Company
Self nominations are not accepted.
Nominations should be submitted in English Language and include the following information:
- Name, professional or home mailing address, present occupational title and institutional title. Enclose a vita or resume.
- If an institution or corporation is nominated, identify the administrative office of the organization or subgroup responsible for the accomplishments cited.
- An one-page statement of the individual's or institution's discovery, improvement, or other contribution for which the prize is proposed.
- An in-depth analysis of the contribution, a comparison to the work of others in the field and an evaluation of the impact of the contribution. Mention any significant involvement of others.
- Three or more letters of recommendation mailed directly to us from individuals who are able to assess the nominee's contribution. Identify three-to-five additional references who might be contacted by the Executive Committee.
Length of Candidacy
Nominees will be considered for the year of their nomination.
Nominations for the William J. Cunliffe Prize must be received by May 31. Related credentials, supporting material and letters of reference must be received by the deadline. Ten (10) copies of the nomination should be sent.
Mail Nominations to:
Prof. Dr. Christos C. Zouboulis
Chairman of the Executive Committee, The William J. Cunliffe Scientific Awards
Department of Dermatology
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Campus Benjamin Franklin
14195 Berlin, Germany